JIANI YANG

Blog Post5: Creating a PLN

Before building a podcast on my topic on education, I would make a PLN by creating a Twitter account that primarily seeks to follow educators, thus producing a group of educators to connect followers in a circle. This first step will create an opportunity for sharing ideas with other people to promote learning new ideas about education on Google. Following the blogs by reading and commenting, especially on chats about my area of specification, could be helpful by remaining LinkedIn. The success stories I have listened to provide an insight regarding the strategies that need to be created, thus promoting a personal understanding of the activities that need to be followed.  For example, building a network across different countries can be critical in getting diversified information about the topic. I can expand my network by commenting and posting ideas on education following the areas I need to support. The expansion will focus on issues that are not connected and educate people to understand different topics.

Developing an audience on any social media platforms plays a critical role in enhancing the outcomes needed to support individual goals, thus increasing awareness of the resources necessary to improve personal performance. For example, developing a network on social media platforms such as Facebook creates a chance to breach data and hacking of accounts, thus preventing privacy. Some rules have been established to support social media platforms such as social scams, phishing attacks, malware attacks, and hacks. This information may lead to poor decision making processes that may interfere with the expected outcomes from creating the network.  This information indicates that social media platforms are governed by various activities, thus increasing awareness of the information required to support individual actions.

1. njohn November 4, 2020

Hi! I agree with the example you posted “For example, building a network across different countries can be critical in getting diversified information about the topic”. People tend to think with their own bias or realm of thinking and stick to listening to voices that are familiar. However, by reaching out and allowing voices from around the globe we can ensure that information will be most accurate and concise.

2. remyyuan November 10, 2020

Hi Jiani,

Thank you for sharing your blog post. The examples that you provided in your post are very informative and detailed. Good work! I really liked how you use the example of Facebook to explain the privacy and security concerns when developing an audience on social media platforms. In my opinion, for ourselves, not sharing personal information with the public when setting up the personal profile online will also be a useful and effective way for us to protect our information and data.